Location : San Antonio TX
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 272447
Compensation : 19.50 USD/HOUR
Start Date : 02/28/2017
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2 years
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
JOB SUMMARY: Support plant by providing maintenance to the facility, machinery, and equipment
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1) Inspect and test machinery and equipment with a focus on Safety and Quality
2) Dismantle defective machines and equipment
3) Install new and repaired parts
4) Clean and lubricate machinery, as needed
) Install and repair electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment
6) Assemble, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
7) Repair and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment
8) Repair and maintain physical structure of facility
9) Install, program, or repair automated machinery and equipment
10) Set up and operate machine tools to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs, fixtures, and tools
11) Operating cutting torch or welding equipment
12) Fabricate and repair
13) May be required to perform other duties as assigned in other departments or areas
Required Qualifications :
1) High school diploma or G.E.D, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Certification from college or technical school two (2) years related work experience
2) Technical Competencies
• Excellent electrical and mechanical aptitude
• Able to read and interpret operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals.
3) Non-Technical Aptitude
• Communication (verbal communication, listening, written communication, on-the-job training)
• Judgment and thinking (original thinking, judgment and decision making, problem solving)
• Performance skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency)
• Personal characteristics (motivation/commitment, flexibility, assertiveness, quality orientation developmental orientation, results orientation, resilience, quality orientation)
• May be exposed to both hot and cool conditions • Moderate to high noise level
This position will be required to work weekends and holidays.
There are times they might have to work 6 days per week.
Work a rotating shift and rotate every 4 weeks.
PLC experience is a plus but not a requirement.
We are looking for someone with strong mechanical skills; has experience with hand tools; has done some fabrication; has some welding experience but doesn’t have to be proficient or certified; understands lock out tag out procedures and the importance of safety in the work environment; has some experience with sensors; has some experience with electrical work- up to 480 volts is a plus; knows how to operate a fork lift and boom lift.
Dress Code : Jeans, Green T-Shirt, Silver Cap and Steel Toe Shoes/Boots